Day 2: How many costumes have you done?
Thus far I have only have 3 completed: Aela the Huntress, Lara Croft, and the Demon Hunter.
I have 2 in the works: Jamie and Cersei Lannister
I am a slow crafter and I am in university so my time is limited. I hope to complete more projects this year, but I don’t attend that many cons so it is hard to justify it :P
More than anything I want to go to more cons next year but I will be starting grad school if the gods are good.
Day 1: Your first cosplay
I lied I am starting today :D
My first official cosplay was Aela the Huntress from Skyrim. But for Halloween the previous year I dressed up as Codex from the Guild. I altered a dress I found in the Halloween store and made all the accessories. At the time I didn’t really know what cosplay was, I had heard of it but I didn’t think I could do it.
After going to the Calgary Expo in 2013 I was determined to try! Thus Aela was created.
1. Your first cosplay.
2. How many costumes have you done?
3. Your most recent cosplay.
4. Your cosplay communities, where do you go to talk about cosplay?
5. Blatant self plug! Link us to your cosplay page, be it dA, ACP, Coscom, whatever!
6. Your favourite cosplay (that you have done)
7. The character you have cosplayed that is most similar to you (if none that you have cosplayed, then one that you will cosplay)
8. Your cosplay plans for the rest of the year (if you have no more for this year, then do next year!)
9. The dream cosplay that might just happen
10. The dream cosplay that will never happen
11. Something cosplay-related that you will never do (eg. crossplay, cosplay from a certain series)
12. Your cosplay idol.
13. Your cosplay specialty (ie. something that seems to apply to a large amount of your cosplays, it could be a specific series, or a common feature in their appearance, such as glasses)
14. Your cosplay-making habits (eg. singing while working on cosplay)
15. Your least favourite thing about cosplay
16. Do you belong to any cosplay groups? If so, what are they?
17. What events have you cosplayed to?
18. What is your best cosplay memory?
19. What is your worst cosplay memory?
20. Have you won any cosplay awards?
21. Show us your best cosplay derp photo!
22. Have you worn cosplay in a regular situation? (eg. at school, to work)
23. Your most expensive cosplay
24. Your most comfortable cosplay and most uncomfortable cosplay
25. The cosplay you put the most effort into
26. Any unfinished costumes? Will you ever finish them?
27. How many wigs do you own? Which is your favourite?
28. Where do you work on your cosplays and where do you store them when they’re done?
29. What is your favourite cosplay item? (eg. a pair of shoes, a wig)
30. Describe cosplay in three words. No more, no less.
I feel like I have stepped away from tumblr a bit and gotten lost in other social media, and I miss tumblr so I am going to to this starting tomorrow. I will be away for a couple of days this weekend so I am going to queue those ones up.
I cannot wait for work to be over! I am finally able to get back to crafting today and I am going to hit up the fabric store on my way home :)